- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
David Edward VanPelt, 19, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 11, 2004, at his home.
He was born May 28, 1984, in Cape Girardeau, son of Robert Edward and Rosa Marie Griffith VanPelt.
VanPelt was formerly employed at Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
Survivors include his mother and stepfather, Rosa and Timothy Lee of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Christopher VanPelt of Cape Girardeau, Robert VanPelt of Chaffee, Mo.; three sisters, Megan, Tammi and Brooke Lee of Cape Girardeau; paternal grandparents, William and Jerri VanPelt of Cape Girardeau; maternal grandparents, Dale and Mary Ann Griffith of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Henson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.