- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. Francis, Rust Communications receive ADDY awards
Record 179 entries for print and electronic advertising
St. Francis Medical Center, The Wright Group and Rust Communications won Best of Show awards at the ninth annual Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals ADDY Awards dinner in Cape Girardeau in mid-February.
St. Francis Medical Center won Electronic Best of Show for its "Women's Heart Advantage" 30-second television spot. The Wright Group advertising agency in Pinckneyville, Ill., won Print Best of Show for its self-promotion. Rust Communications captured the Mixed Media Campaign Best of Show for its "Faces and Places -- Experience Cape Girardeau" advertising campaign. Rust Communications owns the Southeast Missourian.
More than 130 people, representing advertising and media businesses from the Cape Girardeau, Paducah, Ky., and Harrisburg, Ill., markets attended the awards dinner at the Drury Lodge.
The awards recognized advertising work done in 2003.
The competition garnered a record 179 entries for print and electronic advertising, said Chuck Moffitt, president of the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals organization.
Besides the Best of Show awards, the group presented eight ADDY of Distinction awards, 18 ADDY awards and 35 citations of excellence.
Entries were judged based on creativity, originality and creative strategy.
Moffitt announced the organization plans to establish advertising and marketing scholarships at Southeast Missouri State University, Murray State University in Kentucky and Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
The ADDY Awards is a three-tiered national competition conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation.