- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Edna Marie Orrell, 85, of Jackson died Thursday, March 11, 2004, at Monticello House.
She was born Jan. 27, 1919, in Jackson, daughter of Hugh and Bertha Froemsdorf Conley. She and Otis M. Orrell were married April 17, 1938. He died May 7, 1998.
Orrell worked 34 years at International Shoe Co. in Jackson, retiring as inspector in the packing department. She was then a rural newspaper carrier five years with her husband. She was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Willis Orrell of Jackson; two daughters, Glenda Livers of Marble Hill, Mo., Martha Schreiner of Jackson; a brother, Elwood Conley of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, a sister and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Raymond Epps will officiate. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.