- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Verona E. Jacobs, 82, of Marble Hill died Monday, March 8, 2004, at the home of a brother in Marble Hill.
She was born Nov. 2, 1921, at Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Wilson Eric and Jattie Vesta Eaker Wiseman. She and Truman H. Jacobs were married Sept. 20, 1947. He died Nov. 14, 1979.
Jacobs retired from Avon Cosmetic Manufacturing Co. in Chicago, and worked as a dietitian at Harvard Hospital in Harvard, Ill. She was a member of Free Will Baptist Church in Des Plaines, Ill.
Survivors include three brothers, Leo and Charley "Pete" Wiseman of Marble Hill, Jack Wiseman of Effingham, Ill.; a sister, Ruby Nanney of Marble Hill; a grandson; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, an infant brother, four sisters, and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Roy Michael officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.