- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert Ray Morrison, 74, of Jackson passed away Sunday, March 7, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 26, 1929, in Jackson, son of Walter and Ollie Hall Morrison. He and Evie Menke were married March 18, 1987.
Mr. Morrison was honorably discharged from the U.S. Army May 31, 1963. He then worked as a truck driver for Consolidated Freight, retiring in 1981.
He was a member of Altenthal-Joerns American Legion Post 158 and Excelsior Masonic Lodge 441 in Jackson, and Elks Lodge 639 in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include his wife of Jackson; two sons and daughters-in-law, Dan and Cheryl Morrison of St. Louis, Jim and Bev Morrison of Carrollton, Miss.; a daughter, Renee Morrison of Hillsboro, Mo.; a niece, Virginia Sides of Jackson; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond McAfee officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery with military honors.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the American Heart Association or American Cancer Society.