- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Reviewer lacked background
To the editor:
In response to the review "Christian artists put passion into their music": In the future, consider selecting a reporter who has the background for such an event. While your writer did her best to draw conclusions about what she saw and heard, clearly she had no personal frame of reference for making meaningful comment. The review reveals she had no understanding of what she was hearing and beholding.
I suppose that is a risk an editor assigning events to cover must take. A confused writer makes for confused, disjointed writing. This review does not do the evening's event justice, nor does it serve the interests of your fine paper.