- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Reviewer lacked background
To the editor:
In response to the review "Christian artists put passion into their music": In the future, consider selecting a reporter who has the background for such an event. While your writer did her best to draw conclusions about what she saw and heard, clearly she had no personal frame of reference for making meaningful comment. The review reveals she had no understanding of what she was hearing and beholding.
I suppose that is a risk an editor assigning events to cover must take. A confused writer makes for confused, disjointed writing. This review does not do the evening's event justice, nor does it serve the interests of your fine paper.