- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Reviewer lacked background
To the editor:
In response to the review "Christian artists put passion into their music": In the future, consider selecting a reporter who has the background for such an event. While your writer did her best to draw conclusions about what she saw and heard, clearly she had no personal frame of reference for making meaningful comment. The review reveals she had no understanding of what she was hearing and beholding.
I suppose that is a risk an editor assigning events to cover must take. A confused writer makes for confused, disjointed writing. This review does not do the evening's event justice, nor does it serve the interests of your fine paper.