- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)13
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Police find missing Missouri children
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Two children thought to be missing following the Monday discovery of their mother's slain boyfriend were found in good health later in the day.
Police issued an Amber Alert after a woman told police she left for her job as a school bus driver at 5:30 a.m. and when she returned home after her shift ended around 8:45 a.m., she found her boyfriend dead and both of her children missing.
Police asked for the public's help finding 10-year-old Christopher Denson and 12-year-old Garry Denson.
Around 12:20 p.m., police said the children were possibly with their older brother, Bryan Davenport, who was identified as a "person of interest" and not a suspect. About 20 minutes later, police said the older brother brought the children to police headquarters.