- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Stella Bernice Motley, 67, of Jackson died Monday, March 1, 2004, at her home.
She was born June 30, 1936, in Sevier County, Tenn., daughter of Willie and Mollie Whaley Webb. She and Joe Motley were married Aug. 9, 1958. He died Oct. 30, 1990.
Motley was a licensed practical nurse many years at Deal Nursing Home in Jackson. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Millersville.
Survivors include four sons, Jeffrey Motley of Statesville, N.C., Charles Motley of Lenoir City, Tenn., Larry Motley of Winfield, Mo., Joe Motley Jr. of Farmington, Mo.; a daughter, Theresa Mayfield of Jackson; a brother, Roy Webb of Knoxville, Tenn.; two sisters, Blanche Mullins of Walnut, Miss., Ruth Burchfield of Jackson; and 11 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
There is no service.