- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary Ann Eblen
ANNA, Ill. -- Mary Ann Profilet Eblen, 74, of Anna died Tuesday, April 8, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 13, 1933, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Curtis E. and Marguerite E. Walder Profilet.
She was a retired real estate broker and owner of Eblen Real Estate. After retirement, Mary Ann and her husband started a small business, Mary Ann's Soups.
She was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church of Anna, membership recruitment chairwoman of "Friends of the Library" at Stinson Memorial, a member of American Legion Auxillary and a member of Carroll P. Foster Post Auxillary.
Survivors include her husband, Bill; 10 sisters, Barbara Newbury of West Helena, Ark., Patricia Sullivan of White Pigeon, Mich., Marge Harper of Owensboro, Ky., Janet Burkstaller of Venice, Fla., Martha Ellen Lankheit of Charleston, Mo., Kay Wild of Pensacola, Fla., Sara Lancaster of Germantown, Tenn., Donna Eller of Brentwood, Tenn., Ginny Ponting of Paducah, Ky., Emilie Martin of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, John Profilet of Anna and Jim Profilet of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna. Rosary will be at 7:30 p.m. today.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Interment will be in Anna City Cemetery.