- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
FAA approves money for Springfield airport expansion
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a $5 million discretionary grant for construction of a new terminal at the Springfield-Branson National Airport.
The grant is the third and final federal check for the airport's new midfield terminal project.
In all, the FAA has provided $17.8 million of the project's $116.9 million cost.
The new terminal is more than 40 percent complete. It is expected to open early next year.
Missouri Sen. Kit Bond said the new terminal will help the airport meet growing passenger demand.
Congressman Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said it will give the city a key tool to attract visitors to the Ozarks.