- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
FAA approves money for Springfield airport expansion
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a $5 million discretionary grant for construction of a new terminal at the Springfield-Branson National Airport.
The grant is the third and final federal check for the airport's new midfield terminal project.
In all, the FAA has provided $17.8 million of the project's $116.9 million cost.
The new terminal is more than 40 percent complete. It is expected to open early next year.
Missouri Sen. Kit Bond said the new terminal will help the airport meet growing passenger demand.
Congressman Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said it will give the city a key tool to attract visitors to the Ozarks.