- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
FAA approves money for Springfield airport expansion
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a $5 million discretionary grant for construction of a new terminal at the Springfield-Branson National Airport.
The grant is the third and final federal check for the airport's new midfield terminal project.
In all, the FAA has provided $17.8 million of the project's $116.9 million cost.
The new terminal is more than 40 percent complete. It is expected to open early next year.
Missouri Sen. Kit Bond said the new terminal will help the airport meet growing passenger demand.
Congressman Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said it will give the city a key tool to attract visitors to the Ozarks.