- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
FAA approves money for Springfield airport expansion
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a $5 million discretionary grant for construction of a new terminal at the Springfield-Branson National Airport.
The grant is the third and final federal check for the airport's new midfield terminal project.
In all, the FAA has provided $17.8 million of the project's $116.9 million cost.
The new terminal is more than 40 percent complete. It is expected to open early next year.
Missouri Sen. Kit Bond said the new terminal will help the airport meet growing passenger demand.
Congressman Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said it will give the city a key tool to attract visitors to the Ozarks.