- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
FAA approves money for Springfield airport expansion
WASHINGTON -- The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a $5 million discretionary grant for construction of a new terminal at the Springfield-Branson National Airport.
The grant is the third and final federal check for the airport's new midfield terminal project.
In all, the FAA has provided $17.8 million of the project's $116.9 million cost.
The new terminal is more than 40 percent complete. It is expected to open early next year.
Missouri Sen. Kit Bond said the new terminal will help the airport meet growing passenger demand.
Congressman Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said it will give the city a key tool to attract visitors to the Ozarks.