- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Hattie M. Johnson, 98, of Olive Branch died Monday, April 7, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 5, 1910, in Mounds, Ill., daughter of William Thomas and Stella Biggerstaff Boren. She married Robert Howard Johnson, who preceded her in death.
Johnson had been a private nurse.
Survivors include four grandchildren, Robert Johnson of Olive Branch, Vickie Burdick of Hibbing, Minn., Lisa Rogers of Cape Girardeau, Tracy Lape of Jackson; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a son and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.