- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
FROHNA, Mo. — Gladys V. Weber, 82, of Frohna died Tuesday, April 8, 2008, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Feb. 21, 1926, at Wittenberg, Mo., daughter of Martin and Elda Schmidt Meinz. She and Eugene Engert were married June 21, 1947. He died May 17, 1986. She and Elton Weber were married June 27, 1987. He died Nov. 25, 1998.
Weber was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Altenburg, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Engert of Frohna; four daughters, Brenda Engert of St. Louis, Kim Scholl and Lori Steffens of Frohna, Lisa Howe of Oak Ridge; a brother, Melvin Meinz of Festus, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and three great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three grandsons and a great-granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Altenburg, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in Concordia Lutheran Cemetery at Frohna.