- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Meta L. Krieger, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 29, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born June 1, 1912, at Egypt Mills, daughter of August and Agnes Scholl Borchelt. She and Walter Krieger were married Jan. 15, 1933, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 29, 1978.
Krieger was a bookkeeper 15 years at Krieger's Auto Electric. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Guild, Sunday School teacher, former member of Trinity School PTL and former Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
Survivors include two daughters, Patricia Stehr of Cape Girardeau, Gloria Mulkey Calhoun of Gainesville, Texas; two brothers, Benjamin Borchelt of Cape Girardeau, Archie Borchelt of Accokeek, Md.; a sister, Lucille Keller of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Thursday from 9 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.