- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jon Michael Wright, 68, of Scott City died Monday, April 7, 2008, at his home.
He was born Dec. 8, 1939, in Illmo, son of Arba William and Margaret Evelyn Pellett Wright.
Wright was a teacher at Sikeston, Mo., schools and St. Louis schools. He was a member of Illmo United Methodist Church.
There are no survivors.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Woeltje officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.