- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wanda Jean McClard, 80, of Jackson died Sunday, April 6, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 18, 1927, in Fairfield, Iowa, daughter of Delbert Howard and Margaret Elizabeth Earnest Keller. She and Raymond Eugene "Pete" McClard were married Feb. 2, 1947.
McClard was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church near Pocahontas. She was a nurse aide more than 35 years at the former Deal Nursing Home in Jackson.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Gary W. McClard of Jackson; a daughter, Vicki Lou Whitledge of Jackson; a brother, Forrest "Sam" Keller of Fairfield, Iowa; two sisters, Betty Topping of Colorado Springs, Colo.; Shirley Ryan of Marble Hill, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in New Bethel Baptist Church Cemetery.