- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Doris Jenkins Fuller, 85, of Walnut Creek, Calif., died Tuesday, April 1, 2008.
She was born April 1, 1923, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Harry and Mary Jenkins. She and Richard Fuller were married in 1943 in Balboa, Calif.
Fuller was a 1940 graduate of Central High School. She worked at Cape Girardeau Public Library and later was a buyer for the public school district in Concord, Calif., retiring in 1984.
Survivors include a son, Richard Fuller; a daughter, Cathi Christo; three sisters; Della Latimer of Springfield, Mo., Betty Summer of Spokane, Wash., Jewell Ryan of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Harry "Bud" Jenkins of Albuquerque, N.M.; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
A memorial service will be held in California at a later date.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.