- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fatone, Brown to co-host TLC's new singing competition
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Melanie Brown and Joey Fatone have a new role to add to their scarily similar resumes: TLC host.
The duo will co-host "The Singing Office," a tongue-in-cheek singing competition that pits different groups of employees against each other.
Both Brown and Fatone were members of chart-topping pop quintets -- he was in 'N Sync, and she was the Spice Girls' Scary Spice -- both finished in second place on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" and both have starred in "Rent" on Broadway.
"It's not like 'American Idol' or 'Dancing With the Stars,'" Brown said while filming at the Long Beach Airport.
"It's not a serious competition. It gives people a break from their everyday lives to have some fun with their co-workers."
In each episode, Brown, 32, and Fatone, 31, surprise employees at two separate workplaces with impromptu vocal auditions. They then pick the five best singers.
The makeshift groups are trained by pros to perform a song-and-dance routine and compete in front of a studio audience.
"I couldn't have thought of a better pair to do this," said executive producer Scott Sternberg. "Both of them did really well on 'Dancing With the Stars,' so I think America really knows them and is rooting for them now."
Brown recently wrapped up the Spice Girls reunion tour. Fatone has been hosting NBC's "The Singing Bee," which wasn't included on the network's fall schedule.
There's one more thing they have in common: Brown said they're both scheduled to return to the "Dancing With the Stars" ballroom May 6 to dance for the show's 100th episode.