- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 4/8/08
* Authorized the City Manager to enter into a Federal Aid Supplemental Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for the Lewis and Clark Parkway Phase I.
* Authorized the City Manager to enter into a Federal Aid Supplemental Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for the Fountain Street Phase II Project.
* Authorized acceptance of fee simple interest, permanent easements, and temporary construction easements from Norwald, Inc. and Meyr Properties, L.P. for the construction of LaSalle Avenue, and other actions relating to the project.
* Appropriated monies from the General Fund/Development Services for payment to the Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority for transportation services for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2008.
* Granted a special use permit to Shawn Pincksten, Jennifer S. Hendrickson and James Rhett Hendrickson for purposes of operating a consulting firm, and constructing and maintaining a monument sign, at 1729 William St.
* Referred Jeff Jackson's request to rezone a 1.56-acre lot at 611 Charles St., from R-1, Single-Family Residential District to R-3, Two-Family Residential District back to the planning and zoning commission.
* Amended Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, by changing the zoning of an existing lot at 1902 North Kingshighway from C-2 and R-1 to C-2.
* Rezoned Walden Park Phase I from R-1 to R-4.
* Granted a special use permit to Riverwest Partners, LC, for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a real estate sales office in the community center in Walden Park Phase I.
* Levied a special assessment for the extension of water services to White Oaks Subdivision, in the City of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and authorizing the issuance of special tax bills.
* Levied a special assessment for the sanitary sewer improvements in Sewer District 17-D to serve White Oaks Subdivision and authorized the issuance of special tax bills therefor.
* Authorized final payment to Jokerst, Inc. for sanitary sewer and water system improvements completed in White Oaks Subdivision.
* Authorized the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 1 to Addendum No. 5 to the General Engineering Services Agreement with Waters Engineering, Inc., for the wastewater treatment plant project.
* Authorized the City Manager to execute a Letter of Agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for historic resource survey, in the City of Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
* Authorized the City Manager to execute a Lease Agreement with Red Letter Communications for a portion of the building located at 100 Broadway.
* Authorized the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 6 to the Master Services Agreement with S. H. Smith & Company, Inc., for LaSalle Avenue.
* Approved a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Joanne Kwok, d/b/a Shogun Japanese Sushi & Grill Restaurant, Inc., 289-A South Broadview, Joanne Kwok, Managing Officer.
* Re-appointed Marcia Ritter and Harry Rediger to the Tax Increment Financing Commission, terms ending on April 1, 2012.