- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Betty Dowling Reineke, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, April 4, 2008, at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born Aug. 23, 1925, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of William and Selma Wynn Dowling. She and Gilbert A. Reineke were married Sept. 11, 1943, in Cape Girardeau. He died July 7, 1995.
Reineke was employed by the Lutheran Home as a medical technician. She was a member of the Red Hat Society and was an avid bowler.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Reineke of St. Louis; a daughter, Nancy Reineke Chapman of Madeira Beach, Fla.; a brother, Paul Dowling of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Greg Meyer, Julie Russell, both of St. Louis, Ciara Chapman of Madeira Beach; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.