- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
MoDOT road work, road closures
Roads reduced to one lane for MoDOT work
* Bollinger County: MoDOT crews will be trimming brush along Route M, between routes VV and B in Bollinger County starting at 7:30 a.m. Monday. Traffic will be reduced to one lane during the work, which should be done by evening.
* Scott County: Concrete repairs will reduce westbound Highway 60 to one lane between Interstate 55 and U.S. 61. The lane has a 16-foot width restriction. Weather permitting, the work will start at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday and end at 5:30 p.m. Friday.
* Concrete repairs on Interstate 57: I-57 from I-55 to Route B at Bertrand will continue to be one lane with a width restriction of 16 feet. MoDOT crews are repairing concrete in the northbound and southbound lanes. Weather permitting, the work will be completed by 5 p.m. Friday.
Flooded roads remain closed throughout region
The most recent MoDOT update on flooded roads in Southeast Missouri shows the following closed segments:
* Bollinger County: Route H from U.S. 51 to Route FF.
* Butler County: Entire length of Route N; Highway 142 from Routes EE to HH; Route 158 from Routes BB to Highway 142.
* Cape Girardeau County: Route P, from Highway 25 at Delta to County Road 268.
* Dunklin County: Entire length of Route DD.
* Mississippi County: Highway 80 from the levee to the ferry landing; U.S. 77 from the levee to the ferry landing; Route VV from County Road 516 south to the end of state maintenance; Route OO from Route BB to the end of state maintenance; the entire length of Route YY; Route FF two miles west of U.S. 77; and the entire length of Route B.
* New Madrid County: Route P from County Road 717 to County Road 727; Route 162 from 2.7 miles east of Route M; Route WW from Route P to County Road 740.
* Ripley County: Route H from Route 142 to the Arkansas state line.
* Scott County: Route W from Route CC to Route P, closed by bridge damage -- do not cross; Route E from Route N to end of state maintenance in Commerce, Mo.
* Stoddard County: Route BB from Route C west for one mile; Route C from Highway 91 to Highway 51; Route K from Route M to Route BB; Route O from County Road 310 to County Road 370.
* Wayne County: Route FF from Route 67 to Route 34.
-- From staff reports