- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Don Phillip Shaffer, 68, of Marble Hill died Friday, April 4, 2008, at his home.
He was born July 26, 1939, at Lawton, Okla., son of Gene and Juanita Parker Shaffer. He and Rita Sue Story were married May 15, 1965, at Tijuana, Mexico.
Shaffer was a truck driver and retired from Delta Express in 2002.
Survivors include his wife; five sons, Terry L. Shaffer of Eugene, Ore., Shawn Shaffer of the state of Washington, Scott Shaffer, Charles Shaffer, Thomas Shaffer, all of Marble Hill; four daughters, Donna L. Shaffer of Nashville, Tenn., Kelly Shaffer of Washington, Renee Shaffer of St. James, Mo., Kathryn Shaffer of Marble Hill; 15 grandchildren; two brothers, William Floyd of Marble Hill, David Flood of Pomona, Calif.; and a daughter, Sheralyn Dyer of Baning, Calif.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Revs. Anthony Steward and Dan Montgomery officiating. Inurnment will be in Old Union Cemetery in Bessville, Mo.