- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sloan - Steele
Jessica Ann Sloan and Dr. Michael P. Steele announce their engagement. She is the daughter of Sharon Sloan of St. Peters, Mo., and the late Rex Sloan. Steele is the son of Richard G. and Gayle Steele of Cape Girardeau.
Sloan is a 1998 graduate of Francis Howell North High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in marketing from Maryville University in 2002, and a master's degree in school counseling from Lindenwood University in 2007.
Steele is a 1994 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in biology from the University of Missouri in 1998, and a doctor of optometry degree from the Illinois College of Optometry in 2003. He completed his residency in the ophthalmology department at Ochsner Clinic and Hospital in New Orleans, La. He is employed at Pepose Vision Institute in Chesterfield, Mo.
A June 28 wedding is planned at Trinity Lutheran Church in St. Louis.