- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Curtis - Schmitz
Emily Michelle Curtis and Mark Ryan Schmitz were married Jan. 5, 2008, at Lynwood Baptist Church. The Rev. Steve Smith performed the ceremony. Soloist was Robyn Hosp, and a duet was sung by Laura Johnson and Charity Seyer, all of Jackson. Pianists were Kirsten Schmitz of St. Louis, sister of the groom, and Shane Steck.
Parents of the couple are William and Lisa Curtis of Jackson, and Dr. Gerald and Denise Schmitz of St. Louis.
Maid of honor was Erin Curtis of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Malerie Goodman, Katherine Sampayo, Elizabeth Nussbaum, Kelley Lichtenegger, all of Jackson; Elizabeth Rector of Washington, Mo., Shelly Schmitz of St. Louis, sister-in-law of the groom; Julie Underwood, Whitney Bandermann and Kelly Zinn of Cape Girardeau.
Kyle Schmitz of St. Louis was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Jesse Barge of Murphysboro, Ill., Chad Cooper of Lafayette, Ind., Zach Decker of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Andrew Singer of St. Louis, Joe Barker of Nashville, Tenn., Mathew Harris and Jonathan Gunby of St. Louis, Kyle Mitchell of Chicago, and Gabe Shelton of St. Louis. Ushers were Billy Curtis of Jackson, brother of the bride; Corey and Clayton Baker of Jackson, cousins of the bride; and Jake Schaefer of St. Louis, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Kirsten Schmitz; Rachel and Haley Schaefer of St. Louis, cousin of the groom; Melissa Patterson and Aly Baker of Jackson, cousins of the bride.
Kate Loos and Laura Johnson of Jackson attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Jan. 4 at the country club.
Mrs. Schmitz expects to receive a degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in May. She is employed at HealthPoint Fitness and is pool manager at Kimbeland Country Club.
The groom expects to receive a degree in kinesiology from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale in May.
After a wedding trip to Kona, Hawaii, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.