- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Beulah M. Newman, 87, of Sikeston died Thursday, April 3, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 2, 1920, in Canalou, Mo., daughter of Allison McKinley and Clara Allen Cullins Sr. She and C.K. "Bud" Newman were married April 25, 1936. He died June 17, 1985.
Newman was a member of Emanuel Baptist Church. She had worked for Barkett's Big Star, Nancy's Sweet Shop and the Nutrition Center before retiring.
Survivors include two sons, Joe Wayne Newman of Bartlett, Tenn., John Wayne Newman of Sikeston; three daughters, Barbara Taul of Jackson, Bonnie Allen of Lake Placid, Fla., Phyllis Lewis of Phoenix.; three half brothers, Allison McKinley Cullins Jr. of San Diego, Marvin Cullins of Oregon, and Marshall Cullins of Potosi, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a half sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until time of service Monday at Ponder Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Quillman officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.