- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Daveen B. Alexander, 89, of Jackson, formerly of Sikeston, Mo., died Thursday, April 3, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 9, 1918, in Thayer, Mo., daughter of the late John Thomas and Virtie Mae Weber Davis. She worked with her husband in country club management and attended Shady Acres Church of Christ when she lived in Sikeston.
On June 20, 1936, she married Johnny Hester Alexander. He preceded her in death Nov. 6, 2001.
She is survived by a daughter and son-in-law, Phyllis Alexander and Garland Castleberry of Front Royal, Va.; two sisters, Carmen Cervantes of St. Louis, Norma Crawford of Bullard, Texas; five grandchildren, John Castleberry, Patti Hartle, Tod Castleberry, Chris Castleberry and Scott Castleberry; and seven great-grandchildren, Jack Castleberry, Ashley Hartle, Brett Hartle, Lindsay Castleberry, Brooke Castleberry, Austin Castleberry and Ryan Castleberry.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeremiah Reeve, associate pastor of First United Methodist Church, officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.
Pallbearers will be grandsons John, Tod, Chris and Scott Castleberry.