- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. Louis County woman, 40, dies after spider bite
TOWN AND COUNTRY, Mo. (AP) -- A community leader from west St. Louis County is dead after a fatal spider bite.
Rita Brumm died March 31st. She was 40.
Brumm died after a bite from a brown recluse spider that had become embedded in a sweater.
Brumm was a well-known real estate agent involved in many community and charitable organizations. She served on the boards of the Arts and Education Council of St. Louis, Central Institute for the Deaf and Junior League of St. Louis, among others.
Friends say they're shocked by her death. She is survived by a husband, son and daughter.
Doctors say bites by brown recluse are fairly common, but they're usually not fatal.
Information from: KSDK-TV, http://www.ksdk.com