- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Jackson man accused of statutory sodomy
Jackson police arrested a man Thursday for alleged statutory sodomy with a child under 12 years old.
James R. Tanner, 48, of Jackson, was arrested Thursday following an investigation that began Wednesday, according to a news release from the Jackson Police Department.
Police said Tanner was interviewed on two separate occasions, and detectives acquired an arrest warrant based on those interviews. Tanner is charged with statutory sodomy and was in the Cape Girardeau County Jail on $25,000 cash-only bond.