- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Daveen B. Alexander, 89, of Jackson, formerly of Sikeston, Mo., died Thursday, April 3, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 9, 1918, in Thayer, Mo., daughter of John Thomas and Virtie Mae Davis. She married Johnny Hester Alexander June 20, 1936. He died Nov. 6, 2001.
Alexander was employed with her husband in country club management and attended Shady Acres Church of Christ while in Sikeston.
Survivors include a daughter, Phyllis Alexander of Front Royal, Va.; two sisters, Carmen Cervantes of St. Louis and Norma Crawford of Bullard, Texas; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.