- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Donald Leroy Beck, 73, of Joplin, Mo., formerly of Perryville, died Tuesday, April 1, 2008, at St. John's Hospital in Joplin, Mo.
He was born Nov. 12, 1934, at Jackson, son of Orville and Helen Laraine Hagan Beck. He and Wilma Mae Ludwig were married March 5, 1955. She died in 1991.
Beck was retired from the U.S. Army, a veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars and the recipient of three Purple Hearts. He was employed as a truck driver.
Survivors include two sons, Donald W. Beck of Joplin, Theodore Beck of Warrenton, Mo.; four daughters, Daryll Stone of Eldon, Mo., Mildred Daughtery of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Tina McMamahan of Houston, Lorene Dickmann of Perryville 12 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and a great-granddaughter.
Friends may call from 8:30 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
Funeral will be at at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.