- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Witness' death prompts delay in drug trial
MILLCREEK, Ill. -- A Southern Illinois drug trial is on hold because one of the witnesses has been killed.
Illinois State Police say 58-year-old Francis "Ray" Beauchamp was killed Monday night in his Millcreek home in Union County.
That was the night before he was to testify in the Alexander County trial of Wendell Woodson, who is charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
Alexander County's circuit clerk says Woodson's trial has been postponed. It's not clear when the case will resume.
State police aren't discussing details of the homicide, including how Beauchamp died.
No charges have been filed.