- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Rev. Rodney Stringer
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. — The Rev. Rodney Lee Stringer, 54, of Richmond, Ky., formerly of Villa Ridge, passed away Tuesday, April 1, 2008, in the Hospice Center at St. Joseph Hospital in Lexington, Ky.
He was born Sept. 19, 1953, in Anna, Ill., son of Harold and Shirley Harper Stringer.
Rodney was raised on a farm in Pulaski County, Ill., and grew up in Pulaski Christian Church. He was a 1971 graduate of Meridian High School in Mounds, Ill., received a bachelor's degree from Johnson Bible College and a master's degree from Kentucky Christian University.
He was a minister 32 years, serving various Christian churches in Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida, and was currently minister of Union City Christian Church in Kentucky.
Survivors include his wife, Patricia Newman Stringer; a son, Adam Lee Stringer of Richmond; two daughters, Christina Dawn (William) Davison of Wise, Va., Melissa Sue Stringer of Richmond; a grandson, Jacob Erron Stringer; his parents, Harold and Shirley Stringer of Villa Ridge; a brother, Christopher Brian (Elizabeth) Stringer of Villa Ridge; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Carl Walter and Achsah (Laws) Harper, and paternal grandparents, Willie W. and Nettie Kupher Stringer.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Union City Christian Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with Marty Frazer officiating. Cremation service will follow.
A local visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
A memorial service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Glenn Sanders and Wiley D. Godfrey officiating.
At the request of the family, expressions of sympathy may be made in memory of Rodney to Pulaski Christian Church, c/o Danny Thurston, 819 Sandusky Road, Pulaski, Ill., 62976.