- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Heather Sue Brown and Wade Hance Bartels were married Nov. 22, 2003, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. Monsignor Edward Eftink performed the ceremony. Readers were Tina Presser of Cape Girardeau, aunt and godmother of the bride, and Ted Williams of Jackson, brother-in-law of the groom. Music was by Kendra Hinkebein of Jackson, and vocalists were Michelle Aycock of Parma, Mo., and Chris Masters of Glenallen, Mo.
Parents of the couple are Donald and Marilyn Brown and Wesley and Brenda Bartels, all of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Julie Litzelfelner of Rolla, Mo. Bridesmaids were Whitney Wade of New Madrid, Mo.; Lori Williams, sister of the groom, and Rhonda Bartels, sister-in-law of the groom, both of Jackson.
Paul Findlay of Rolla was best man. Groomsmen were Nathan Brown, brother of the bride; and Wes and Wayne Bartels, brothers of the groom, all of Jackson. Ushers were Brent Pfeiffer and Ben Turner of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Megan Williams and Logan Bartels of Jackson, niece and nephew of the groom.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Madelyn and Drew Bartels of Jackson, niece and nephew of the groom.
Program attendants were Austin Bartels, Taylor Williams, and Mackenzie Bartels, all of Jackson, nephews and niece of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Carole Pfeiffer of Jackson, godmother of the bride; Tina Presser; and Sharon Jones, aunt of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 21 at High Street Station.
Mrs. Bartels received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003. She is a registered nurse at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center in Farmington, Mo.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast University in 2003. He is a credit analyst at US Bank in Farmington.
The couple resides in Farmington.