- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- St. Ambrose Catholic Church was the setting Nov. 1, 2003, for the wedding of Paula Jo Eftink and Brian Charles Meier. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the ceremony. Scripture readers were LeAnn Hans of Fenton, Mo., Janelle Bailey of Wildwood, Mo., sisters of the bride; and Julie Eftink of Chaffee, sister-in-law of the bride.
Organist was Betty Vandeven of Chaffee, and vocalist was Stephen Meier of Jackson, uncle of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Eugene and Jerralee Eftink of Chaffee. The groom is the son of Paul "Butch" and Eileen Meier of Jackson.
Matron of honor was Erin Pfeifer of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Gina Arnold of Chaffee, sister of the bride; Salli Bollinger of Jackson; Amy Mueller of Columbia, Mo.; and Casey Krigbaum of St. Louis.
Lance McBryde of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Joe Hendley of Bloomfield, Mo.; Jeff Hager, John Hale, and Greg Meier, brother of the groom, all of Jackson. Ushers were Brad Mueller of Perryville, Mo., and Jarrod Suhr of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Alissa Swindell and Jody Blattel of Delta.
Flower girl was Emily Hambrick, daughter of Bob and Robynn Hambrick of Desloge, Mo., niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Alex Eftink, son of Keith and Julie Eftink of Chaffee, nephew of the bride.
Program attendants were Adam Bailey and Tyler Hambrick, nephews of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Oran, Mo. Servers were Mary McDaniel, Bob and Kathy Summers.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 31 at their home.
Mrs. Meier is a graduate of Delta High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed by Cape Girardeau County Soil and Water Conservation District.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School, and attended Southeast University. He is a sales representative with Genex Corp., and also works on the family farm.
The couple is residing in Jackson.