- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Helen Marie Guth, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 31, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Sept. 4, 1922, in Farrar, Mo., daughter of Joseph F. and Kathryn Mahnken Meier. She and Elmer Guth were married Oct. 1, 1944, at Farrar. He died Aug. 26, 1995.
Guth was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church and one of its afternoon circles. She belonged to Women's Federation Clubs of Missouri. She was very active in church and school when her sons were young.
Survivors include two sons, Charles Guth and wife Jan of Jackson, Nelson Guth of Sikeston, Mo.; three grandchildren, Craig Guth and wife Bevin of Jackson, Tracy Guth of Jackson, Nicole Guth of Cape Girardeau; and four great-granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to St. Andrew Lutheran Church Hand Bell Choir Fund.