- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Sidney Allen Rainey, 71, of Bloomfield, formerly of Dexter, Mo., died Sunday, March 30, 2008, at Golden Living Center in Bloomfield.
He was born Dec. 20, 1936, at Holcomb, Mo., son of Willie "Bill" and Opal Dye Rainey. He and Shirley James were married May 1, 1955, in Hernando, Miss.
Rainey was a retired owner of a trucking company and a member of Sweet Prospect General Baptist Church in Dexter.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Jim Rainey of Advance, Mo., Steve Rainey of Wentzville, Mo., Earl Rainey of Bloomfield, Larry Rainey of Zalma, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Bradford officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Ben Kruse 18 Fore Life Foundation.