- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Sharon Sue Gibson, 61, of Anna died Sunday, March 30, 2008, at the home of her mother.
She was born May 7, 1946, in Carbondale, Ill., daughter of Floyd M. and Marjorie Brewer Hinkle.
Gibson retired as a CNA at Union County Hospital. She was a member of Ware Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include a son, Christopher Gibson of Dongola, Ill.; two daughters, Marjorie Darnell of Jonesboro, Ill., Angela Perry of Jackson; her mother of Anna; three brothers, Carl Hinkle of Anna; Floyd Hinkle of Harvel, Ill., Jerry Hinkle of Jonesboro; a sister, Shirley Clardy of Anna; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Danny Jones officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.