- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Jewel Bird Kelley, 96, of Anna died Monday, March 31, 2008 at her daughter's home in Anna.
She was born Aug. 19, 1911, in Wayside, Ill., daughter of Oscar and Myrtle Rendleman Bird. She married Hershel L. Kelley Oct. 10, 1934, in Williamson County, Ill. He died Sept. 13, 1983.
Surviving are her children, Nadine Sneddon Brewer of Anna and Gilbert Kelley of Marion, Ill.; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and two sisters.
Kelley attended Mount Hebron Presbyterian Church near Goreville, Ill. She taught at Bluff School in the Lick Creek area.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, with the Rev. Roger Glasco officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Hebron Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.