- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Linus C. Prost, 81, of Perryville died Friday, March 28, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 5, 1926, in Perryville, son of Edward W. and Hilda Unverferth Prost. He and Rose C. Elder were married Feb. 18, 1950. She died Oct. 4, 2001.
Prost had been a supervisor at the U.S. Post Office in Perryville, retiring in 1984. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, American Legion Post 133, Holy Name Society and a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include six sons, the Rev. Charles E., Robert, Thomas, Patrick, John and Michael Prost, all of Perryville; a daughter, Louise Pingel of Perryville; a brother, Eddie Prost of Perryville; 22 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The wake will be at 4 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with military graveside service provided by American Legion Post 133 and Delta Team.