- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Former Mo. officer pleads guilty of trying to lure girl into sex
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) -- A former Missouri police officer faces sentencing in July after admitting that he used the Internet to try and persuade an underage Illinois girl to have sex with him.
Brian Michael Green of O'Fallon, Mo., pleaded guilty Friday in federal court in East St. Louis, Ill., to one felony count. Green is 34.
Authorities say the incident happened last July. Green was formerly an officer in Wright City, about 45 miles west of St. Louis. The minor was a resident of southern Illinois.
Green will face a minimum term of 10 years in prison. As part of a plea deal, federal prosecutors say Green agrees that his sentence should be increased because he abused his position as a police officer, and for targeting a vulnerable victim.