- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
A study released last week reported that, when it comes to happiness, the Biblical adage is true: It is better to give than to receive.
The journal Science reported that people who made gifts to others or to charities indicated they were happier than folks who didn't share.
Researches at the University of British Columbia and Harvard University are telling lots of people in Southeast Missouri something they already knew. It's not how much you make. It's how you spend it.
We have some extremely generous folks in Southeast Missouri, one of a thousand reasons why this is such a great place to live. At the newspaper, we come across people every day who are donating their time or dollars to make their community a better place.
Apparently, according to the scholars, we don't just live in a generous community. We live in a happy one as well.