- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)3
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)6
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
A study released last week reported that, when it comes to happiness, the Biblical adage is true: It is better to give than to receive.
The journal Science reported that people who made gifts to others or to charities indicated they were happier than folks who didn't share.
Researches at the University of British Columbia and Harvard University are telling lots of people in Southeast Missouri something they already knew. It's not how much you make. It's how you spend it.
We have some extremely generous folks in Southeast Missouri, one of a thousand reasons why this is such a great place to live. At the newspaper, we come across people every day who are donating their time or dollars to make their community a better place.
Apparently, according to the scholars, we don't just live in a generous community. We live in a happy one as well.