- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dollie M. Farrar, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 24, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Feb. 11, 1939, in Chicago, daughter of Cynthia Jones and Wilfred Colon Sr. She married Norman Farrar Sr., who preceded her in death.
Farrar attended John S. Cobb School and was a graduate of Central High School. She had been a bookkeeper at KFVS-TV 12. She was a member of St. James AME Church and served on the trustee board, usher board, and as a stewardess.
Survivors include a son, Norman Farrar of St. Paul, Minn.; a daughter, Diana Farrar of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Shirley Slaughter of Cape Girardeau; three half sisters, Brenda Newbern and Patricia Colon of Cape Girardeau, Mary Lee of Blytheville, Ark.; two half brothers, Wilfred Colon Jr. of Coldwater, Miss., Mike Colon of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, Jerry and Alfred Farrar of Cape Girardeau; two stepdaughters, Geneva Farrar of St. Louis, Glenda Williams of Cape Girardeau; and five grandchildren.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Monday at St. James Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Debbie Thornton officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.