- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Worth the drive
Less than 2 hours away
Carson Center, Paducah, Ky.
Mannheim Steamroller, usually a Christmas staple, has extended it's repertoire to cover the spring season. The "Fresh Aire" performance features lavish multimedia images, synchronized lighting and special effects, and it will be at the Carson Center on Tuesday. The first "Fresh Aire" album debuted in 1974 and combined classical themes with pop elements. The Fresh Aire series grew to include eight albums. Show is at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $55, $30 and $40. Call the box office at 270-450-4444.
Less than 3 hours away
The Hofgarten at Hermann Farm, Hermann, Mo.
Hermann is having a Wurstfest. You can go for free. This year's Wurstfest at Hermann Farm's Hofgarten, sponsored by the Dierberg Educational Foundation, will be serving up a lot more than sausage. Visitors to the 2008 Wurstfest at the Hofgarten will have the opportunity to see expert outdoor cooking enthusiasts demonstrate exactly how their ancestors cooked with cast iron Dutch ovens. They will be able to try food like cowboy beans and chicken stew with rice, all prepared over an open flame. Some recipes hark back to Lewis and Clark and some to the Civil War era. The Hofgarten will also feature Agri Missouri members with a variety of Missouri products from chili mixes to barbecue sauces to enhance any outdoor cooking event. The Saturday event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Hofgarten at Hermann Farm at 208 East First Street in Hermann. Call Joan Treis at 573-486-FARM or visit www.hermannfarm.org.