- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Mary Hefner Nichols, 91, of Advance died Thursday, Feb. 26, 2004, at her home.
She was born Sept. 10, 1912, at McGee, Mo., daughter of Eddie and Etta McDaniel Walk. She and Glen Hefner were married Jan. 16, 1932, at McGee. He died Jan. 9, 1965. She later married Woodrow Nichols, who also preceded her in death.
Nichols attended Berrong General Baptist Church at Gipsy, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Lloyd, Clay, LeeRoy and Gus Hefner, all of McGee; two daughters, Charlotte Holley of Arnold, Mo. and Glenda Yount of McGee; three brothers, Audrey and Edward Walk of Puxico, Mo. and Avery Walk of McGee; two sisters, Thelma Hinton of Flint, Mich., and Ruby Barnfield of Greenville, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister, and two grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Morgan Funeral Home, with the Rev. Eldo Eaker and Rudy Pittman officiating. Burial will be in McGee New Hope Cemetery at McGee.