- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Man dies in police shootout in SW Mo.
MARSHFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- Authorities say one man is dead after a shootout with law enforcement officers in southwest Missouri.
The Webster County Sheriff's Office says two deputies and a highway patrol trooper responded to calls late Monday night about a man with a weapon at a home northwest of Marshfield.
When officers arrived the man came out of the house and shot at them, and the officers fired back. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. One deputy and the trooper are both on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
The man's name has not been released.
Information from KTTS: http://www.ktts.com