- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
VW Beetle turned into police cruiser
MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- Blount County's newest police cruiser has been turning heads.
Assistant chief deputy Archie Garner retrofitted a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle to add to the sheriff's fleet of police vehicles. The "bug-erceptor" was seized in a drunken driving case.
Garner said the car will be used mostly as a public relations tool for the department, making appearances in parades and at school events.