- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
VW Beetle turned into police cruiser
MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- Blount County's newest police cruiser has been turning heads.
Assistant chief deputy Archie Garner retrofitted a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle to add to the sheriff's fleet of police vehicles. The "bug-erceptor" was seized in a drunken driving case.
Garner said the car will be used mostly as a public relations tool for the department, making appearances in parades and at school events.