- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)8
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
VW Beetle turned into police cruiser
MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- Blount County's newest police cruiser has been turning heads.
Assistant chief deputy Archie Garner retrofitted a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle to add to the sheriff's fleet of police vehicles. The "bug-erceptor" was seized in a drunken driving case.
Garner said the car will be used mostly as a public relations tool for the department, making appearances in parades and at school events.