- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
VW Beetle turned into police cruiser
MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- Blount County's newest police cruiser has been turning heads.
Assistant chief deputy Archie Garner retrofitted a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle to add to the sheriff's fleet of police vehicles. The "bug-erceptor" was seized in a drunken driving case.
Garner said the car will be used mostly as a public relations tool for the department, making appearances in parades and at school events.