- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Marion K. Durkee, 88, of Perryville, formerly of Chester Ill., died Saturday, March 22, 2008, at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville.
She was born Nov. 14, 1919, in Chester, Ill., daughter of Edward and Agnes Kraft Mueller Jr. She and Lowell D. Durkee were married June 17, 1939. He died Sept. 20, 1992.
Durkee was employed in various service work in Chester. She was a member of St. John's Lutheran Church in Chester and a volunteer at St. Anns Health care Center in Chester.
She is survived by two daughters, Carol A. Kueker of Perryville and Linda K. Jordan of Atlanta; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until time of service Wednesday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Chester.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Mark Willig officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery in Chester.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.