- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
HOUSE SPRINGS, Mo. -- Carl Dean Hess, 45, of House Springs, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., died Saturday, Feb. 23, 2008, at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Sept. 7, 1962, at Cape Girardeau, son of Frank Louis and Martha Marie Peters Hess.
Hess was a carpenter. He was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo.
Survivors include a brother, Randal Louis Hess of Sullivan, Mo.; and two sisters, Mary A. Ernst of St. Louis and Cindy Burnett of Chaffee, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister and three brothers.
Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Lawrence Catholic Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Lawrence Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.