- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Peggy Joyce Lee, 67, of Chaffee died Friday, March 21, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Sept. 10, 1940, at Chaffee, daughter of Raymond "Jack" and Mildred Burns Lee.
Peggy was a machine operator for 42 years at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee and Cape Girardeau.
She was a member of the Chaffee Alumni Association.
Survivors include three sisters, Stella Lee (BJ) Jackson of Smithton, Ill., Nancy Kay Lee Cutright of Chaffee and Debbie Jo Lee (Bill) Simmons of Marion, Ill.; three brothers, Jerry Raymond (Linda) Lee of Fairview Heights, Ill., Terry Lynn (Peggy Diane) Lee of Chaffee and Kenneth Harold (Carol Marie) Lee of Chaffee.
She was the loving aunt of several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Brenda Sue Owens, and a brother-in-law, Bob Cutright.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Chaffee Nutrition Center.
Visitation will be at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. C.B. Stidham officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.