- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
American Red Cross closes three Southeast Missouri flood shelters
The local chapter of the American Red Cross announced today that it was closing flood shelters in Jackson, Zalma and Marble Hill, citing a lack of need in those areas.
Shelters remain open in Delta and Piedmont.
Last night 145 people registered in four shelters in Zalma, Delta, Marble Hill and Jackson, the Red Cross reported. Of those, 92 people stayed overnight.
To contact the shelters, call 573-794-2200 for Delta and 573-223-7433 for Piedmont.