- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MoDOT tells motorists not to cross Highway W bridge
MoDOT has concerns about the Highway W bridge between Oran and Perkins, and vehicles that have been trying to cross what may be a structurally compromised span.
The agency sent out a news release Thursday afternoon warning drivers to leave barricades in place and not to cross the bridge.
"We are unsure of the structural condition of the bridge in conjunction with the current flooding and need motorists to leave the road barricades in place for their own safety," said Cheryl Ball, assistant to MoDOT's Southeast District engineer.
MoDOT will complete an assessment of the bridge "as soon as possible" and remove the barricades if the bridge is found to be safe.